School Name


Department Name

Main Content



Students typically enter the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences for advisement following completion of their first 30 semester credit hours in the University College. For many, this occurs after the first year. Thus, they are already admitted to the university. If a student leaves the university and returns, readmission requirements follow those found in the undergraduate catalog.

Transfer Students

Students from other colleges or universities may transfer to the University and pursue a regular, full time program by meeting the following entrance requirements:


1. Transfer applicants with more than 30 semester hours and with a “C’’ average or better must submit an application and an official transcript from all institutions previously attended. Transfer applicants with less than 30 semester hours of college credit must submit an application, ACT or SAT scores and all college transcripts.

2. Immunization record required with proof of two MMR vaccinations.

3. Transfer applicants with less than a “C’’ average from colleges or universities may be admitted to the University on academic probation with the approval of the Admissions Committee. They must also submit an application, ACT or SAT scores, and all college transcripts. Transfer students asked to withdraw from other institutions for academic reasons will not be allowed to enroll at the University until they are eligible for re-enrollment at the institution previously attended, except with the approval of the Admissions Committee.

4. Students from other colleges and universities who desire to attend the University during the summer only may be admitted by submitting an application and a statement of good standing from the institution where they are regularly enrolled. To qualify as a degree candidate, the student must fulfill all admissions requirements.

5. Transfer students must satisfy the English Proficiency requirement.


The University accepts transfer credits from any regionally recognized accredited institution. In awarding credit, the University exercises institutional autonomy, awarding on the basis of course content and course description.

1. A maximum of 78 hours is accepted from an accredited junior or community college.

2. A student cannot transfer credit earned at a junior or community college beyond the sophomore year. When a student has earned a total of 60 semester hours, no further credit may be transferred, except as follows: a junior who lacks a subject required in the freshman or sophomore year may complete that course in a junior or community college if the student obtains permission from the departmental chairperson for the particular major, and the academic dean.

3. When an institution is not accredited and in instances where the state department of a particular state (where institution is located) does not accept the credits, the University will not accept transfer credits.

4. The University accepts transfer credits for degree credit in consultation with academic departments. Transfer credit hours (pass or failed) are included in the earned credits and are listed on the student’s transcript. The departmental chairperson of the declared major must evaluate courses for transfer credit.

5. For purposes of ranking students for graduation and honors, the University computes all transfer credits (passed or failed).

6. Any UAPB student who desires to take a course at another university must secure approval from his/her department chair and dean prior to taking the course.


The Arkansas Course Transfer System (ACTS) contains information about the transferability of courses within Arkansas public colleges and universities. Students are guaranteed the transfer of applicable credits and the equitable treatment in the application of credits for the admissions and degree requirements. Course transferability is not guaranteed for courses listed in ACTS as “No Comparable Course.”  Additionally, courses with a “D” frequently do not transfer and institutional policies may vary. ACTS may be accessed on the Internet by going to the ADHE website and selecting Course Transfer (