April 6, 2020
TO: All Employees
FROM: Gladys Benford, Director of Administrative Services
RE: FFCRA COVID-19 Employee Paid Leave Requests
As you are aware, the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) requires certain employers to provide employees with paid sick or family leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19. The Department of Labor's Wage and Hour Division administers and enforces the new law's paid leave requirements. The provisions will apply from April 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 and for the following qualifying reasons. The employee:
Employees must apply for the leave through the FFCRA leave form. Please make sure the form is correctly completed and in its entirety. The form may be scanned to the Human Resources Department to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and/ or firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep a copy for yourself and send one to your supervisor. If you have questions, please feel free to contact me via the email@example.com. Have a great day and be safe.
- is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
- has been advised by a health care provider to self- quarantine related to COVID-19;
- is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking medical diagnosis;
- is caring for an individual subject to an order described in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);
- is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or childcare provided is unavailable) for reasons related to COVID-19; or
- is experiencing any other substantially -similar condition specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Secretaries of Labor and Treasury.