Senior Completion Program
the senior completion program implemented by the Student Success Center, helps low-income senior-level students graduate. The pilot initiative purports to reduce the number of students nearing graduation who officially withdraw from the University for various reasons including unmet financial need. Students on track to graduate in two semesters may qualify for a small grant to help pay tuition. The minimum eligibility criteria are:
- Verified graduation date within two semesters
- Has an unmet financial need of $1200 or less
- Has ability to contribute 25% "skin in the game" toward tuition or balance
- Agree to perform community service
- Agree to participate in professional development skills training
Fall 2016 was the first semester of implementation for the project funded in part by the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU), the Coalition of Urban Serving Universities (USU) and UAPB.
For more information, contact the Student Success Center:
Check out student community service activities!